View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 11:01 AM   #303
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
I like Conroy as a guy and I'm sure he's valuable as an assistant GM with how affable he is, but I really just do not want him as the GM...
I sure hope Treliving is re-signed, and will be extremely disappointed and upset if he is not. But comments like this really bug me. If you have no metric for evaluating the work that Craig Conroy has done in his capacity as AGM, then why would you not think he would make a good General Manager? Because he is affable and energetic? The same goes for people who get excited about AGMs from outside (or inside) organisations that they believe will make excellent GMs. How do you know, one way or the other? Who remembers how many of us (I might have been included in this group) were firmly behind Burke hiring Jim Benning to replace Jay Feaster, and were then subsequently disappointed when he took the job in Vancouver? how about Jim Nill?

The point here is that without any insight into what they do and how well they are doing it, we simply have no way of knowing whether any of these candidates would make for a successful manager. The fact Conroy is being mentioned in connection with another GM vacancy makes think that he is probably pretty good at what he is being paid to do—whatever that is. All any of us can really say is that IF Treliving is somehow replaced by Conroy, then I sure hope that he does a good job. We have no real reason to believe that he would not.

Anyhow, please extend Treliving now, Flames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project

Last edited by Textcritic; 04-21-2017 at 11:39 AM.