View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 11:36 AM   #342
Five-hole
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
He hasn't been perfect by any means. I like that he's a tireless worker and all but this team still isn't amongst the top drafting teams in the NHL and he's been hit and miss in free agency. I feel he hasn't done anything crippling and have been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in that he's still a first time NHL GM and will learn from mistakes. Still though I would say his work has been just good not great but acknowledge he can grow into being a better GM.
Perfection simply cannot be the standard. The best teams have consistency in their management and coaching. He has been way better than he needs to be in order to be retained, when you consider that the alternative is another period of turnover and change in tone from the top. That just cannot happen right now, in my opinion.

Re: drafting, he hasn't been around long enough to judge his effect on our draft results.

Quote:
Just saw the poll. So almost 98% of Calgary hockey fans say yes to bringing him back. I don't think any Flames GM since the the Stanley Cup would have had a response like that. Get it done Burke!

Unless this is fake news of course...
Many of the people who voted to not bring him back are not Flames fans, to boot.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Five-hole For This Useful Post: