View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #151
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

i have lived in quite a few cities and it is my experience that the canucks fan base is the most unreasonable when it comes to discussing hockey. buddies of mine who should know better are so biased it is impossible to have any discussion that involves a canucks player or team from now, in the past or in the future. the conspiracies, the injustice, the sheer gall of the rest of the league to think that they should play against the canucks... and of course, anything that anyone says is simply jealousy because, you know, they aren't from vancouver.

my two favourite canucks truisms?

1. every player from BC and even the general vicinity of the pacific northwest wants to play for the canucks and will give a significant hometown discount to do it.
2. the canucks have already won a stanley cup when they were called the vancouver millionaires in 1915.

why truisms? because the fan base repeats these two items like some tibetan monk chant so often that they all believe it to be true.

and if you want your hockey night to go off of the rails just invite 2 canucks fans so that they can feed off of each other.

without a doubt the most delusional fan base in the nhl today.