View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 08:57 AM   #622
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
This right here is where you raise a flag. There is no "honest" review. You agree with Sterling's opinion? Cool, thank doesn't make his review any more "honest" than GameSpot's 10/10.

Reviews are opinions. Always have been, always will be. Identify a reviewer you trust/like/find entertaining, read their stuff - agree or disagree, whatever. Nothing is right, nothing is wrong.
The implication is that many reviews may be influenced by industry or commercial interests.

Regardless, it's refreshing to read other views other than all these perfect/masterpiece scores and this review helped me to get to the point where I realize I don't need to play this game because it's really the kind of game that I don't like right now. I'm so totally sick & tired of open world games at this point, and the random challenges and puzzle bunker type gameplay is something I don't want to play at all right now. I also don't want to do any Dark Souls type gaming so both this and Horizon are off my radar despite the rave reviews.

Don't get me wrong, I was sorely tempted by the impressive reviews both of these are getting to consider the $600+ it would cost to play but it would probably be punishment to get into them right now and a disservice to my ridiculous backlog of jobs...I mean games. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote