View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 02:10 PM   #113
snootchiebootchies
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If your child is over 40" tall, they will get on most rides. There are rides with taller height thresholds but we found those rides tend to be too scary for pre-schoolers anyway. I think a child at 40" tall will really enjoy the park.

We went to Disneyland with a 4 and 3 year old. We purchased a double stroller at Walmart and it was a great investment. We purchased instead of renting because we also wanted to go to other theme parks and stroll on beaches and boardwalks so it was great to have one with us all the time. You can get a Jeep Brand Scout Double Stroller for $100 at the Walmart or Target on Euclid St. You can purchase it ahead of time and just pick it up at the store when you arrive. This way, you can make sure you have it and do not have to worry about whether they have the stroller in stock. It's always easy to walk in a store to buy a single stroller -- double strollers are more subject to inventory availability so this is why we buy online ahead of our trip. Target will hold your online purchases for 3 days before cancelling the order while Walmart will hold up to seven days (we actually ordered from both as you will be fully refunded if you don't pick up the superfluous one). The last time were were there, we sold the stroller for $30 on Craiglist the night before our departure so net cost was about $70.

Also, since you have an 18-month old, make sure to take advantage of the rider switch service. A rider switch pass is better than a FastPass because there are no time restrictions on them. The pass will get you front-of-the-line access anytime on the same day as the rider switch pass was issued.

Also, I would recommend going to Legoland. That is still my kids' favourite theme park. That park targets younger kids, so I think that's why they love it so much. As they get older, I expect they will find Disneyland and Universal Studios to be much more fun but right now, Legoland is the bomb.

Last edited by snootchiebootchies; 03-27-2017 at 02:12 PM.
snootchiebootchies is offline   Reply With Quote