View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 12:08 PM   #117
FlamesPuck12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
BS.

I have talked to a ton of people that have used Uber in the states, and they are getting all 3.

I cannot remember the last time a cab provided me with more than one. My last cab ride with a major Cab company:

Camry with 450,000 kms, a broken front suspension, and smelled like it has a gas leak, and a driver that reeked of BO and had breath that would choke a maggot. Quality? no

Waited 45 minutes for that Heap of Garbage. Fast? No

Paid $36 to go from 1 block from Chinook Centre, to Northland Mall. Affordable? No.
Definitely agree that you get all 3 with Uber.

I live in San Francisco and I use Uber about 10 times a week. When I request an Uber it takes less than 3 min for a car to come pick me up. You also have the option to enter your destination address so as soon as I get in the car, the driver gets the direction right away.

For the last couple months, Uber has been really marketing Uber Pool. It's like UberX but they'll match you with another person with a similar route and they'll give you a huge discount for getting matched.

In San Francisco, Uber Pool fare is capped at $7 for most area so my average fare has been decreased from $10-12 a ride to $7 which is pretty damn amazing. I don't mind taking extra 5 min to pick up another passenger but saving up 50% of the fare adds up.
FlamesPuck12 is offline   Reply With Quote