View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 08:27 PM   #1024
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord1999 View Post
Your driver certainly needed it, he made more off the tip than the ride ([$8.18 - $1.85 SRF]*.75 - ~7 to 8 km of driving expense).

Given the apparent non-surge rate and the relatively quick response time, I wonder how long he was waiting for a fare.
I asked him why he was there, available for this. He just got home, chilling, and got the text. He joked that he was glad it was a short trip.

I guess it could have been more lucrative. Maybe I wanted a ride to Deer Run or Hawkwood. Who cares? He was back home before the commercial was over, made a couple of bucks, and my truck stayed home the whole night.
Win for everyone, AFAIC.

And he didn't seem to really need the money. Seemed more like making money was better than insomnia or boredom. Or maybe he spent the whole night making money, and did one last trip. Not my business to judge why another dude isn't having the same kind of fun as me on a Saturday night, considering I spend more Saturdays nights at home than out, nowadays.

Whatever the reason for that guy to be happy making money in the middle of the night, I was happy to pay it, and I was happy I didn't walk, and that I wasn't tempted to drive. For all I know, the guy just hates his wife and was happy to get out of the house. IDGAF.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote