View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodlad View Post
Another thing to consider is signing guys like Lamb and Eddy also establishes Calgary as a team that is willing to give college guys a chance. I remember Feaster at one point saying that some of the higher profile free agents were concerned that in the past the Flames weren't a team that pursued a lot of guys who went the college route, and they were unsure what kind of opportunities they could expect.
Well I don't know how much of an opportunity has really be given to either guy. Eddy has spent most his time in the ECHL and Lamb has only recently had more ice time.

It's not good enough to give an opportunity to sign, as a franchise you have to show that you have patience for young players and will let them develop and make mistakes. The Heat have not shown that patience nor development track record to attract the top free agents.

I know if it were my son, I'd tell him to stay cler of the Flames organization. Let's also face it, I doubt Eddy and Lamb had much interest from other teams, they really aren't comparable to the good ufa prospects.