View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #52
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearFart View Post
You were probably treated by an IMG (International Medical Graduate) or medical student. You could certainly complain, but one doc criticizing another "doc's" work is nothing earth shattering, and minor complications like yours happen not infrequently.

As for the glue Rx, if the cut is quite deep or if you don't do it properly, you will end up with an epic scar. Dermabond is only used as the very last step (often we've already laid deeper stitches), and is generally applied only to the most superficial skin surfaces. If you get generic crazy glue below the skin line it can get infected or cause a foreign body reaction. And any form of cautery is a burn, to which you are begging for scarring if not used sparingly.
Yeah, I am kinda regretting the krazy glue post now. Obviously if the cut is super deep, on down to the muscle, I would seek a professional. I am talking about you sliced your finer with a knife, and need a few stitches kinda stuff. Not I fell on a piece of re-bar being used to stake a tree, and punctured my leg clean through. (Did that when I was 10)

So yes folks. Disregard my hill billy medicine and see a doctor.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote