View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 05:18 PM   #1
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:
Exclamation Help! - Cat Urinating on Floor

I have a 4-5 year old male tuxedo cat that has developed an annoying habit of pissing on my living room floor. He only goes in specific places, most notably where his people sit (a reclining chair and at the ends of the sofa). It is not spraying or marking, he just backs up and drops a load of piss CONSTANTLY in these spots.

He is an indoor cat. Most times it is preceded with pacing, meowing, and scratching at the door, but not always. If I put him outside it stays the issue, but once he comes back in he gets right back to it and then does the deed.

He has a history of bladder issues (crystallization) and has been treated for such. We've about tried everything suggested by the interwebz and our vet:

-Thoroughly cleaning the area, enzymes and all
-Specialized calming food, felliway sprays
-New toys, old toys
-New or multiple litter boxes, changing cat litter, relocating litter box
-"Cat prozac"
-Vitamin B shots

However, he has not ceased the behavior. I'm not sure if I can stand to step in another puddle of urine or find one stale and wreaking in the corner.

I would prefer not to surrender the cat as it is unlikely he will be adopted, especially if he hasn't been cured of this issue. So I now turn to the CP community of cat cohabitants to see if there is another solution.

He is actually a very sweet natured and playful buddy, so yes, I am willing to invest in whatever it takes to correct this cat's behavior.

Thanks in advance.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote