View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 09:27 AM   #12
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
I'll believe it when I see it. Apart from money, there's zero reason to make that move ... I like Ligue 1 a lot, but there's no denying that it would be quite a step backwards in terms of strength and quality of football. I'd rather expect a Barca superstar to be chomping at the bit when it comes to challenging and beating Real again. At this point in his career, I simply can't envision a superstar like Neymar to just think about money and make that move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Actually there is a reason, and he's "allegedly" stated it. He wants to be the man, have a real shot to win Ballon D'ors and he's won everything already. He wants to make his mark independent from Messi.

In most other occupations we'd celebrate someone wanting to go face a new challenge and be the go to guy. It's a perfectly valid reason to leave.
This is the primary motivation from what I'm reading, but lets not get overly altruistic here either, being behind Messi at Barca in terms of notoriety, recognition, fame, etc, also means that hes behind Messi in terms of pay as well.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote