View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 10:00 AM   #18
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
DD says Bo will start then play at least play over a quarter to get him prepared for the regular season. Then the 3 qbs will split the rest. Messam will be the same way so he can prepare for the season.

Stamps have so many good players fighting for spot on this training camp and I hate to see them get cut on Monday or this coming week.

QB: 2 spots are up for grab.
RB: backup import RB between Green and Williams.
REC: looks like Kohlert will be SCC's replacement but there are only a few open import spot. The import receiver who's going to make the team will have to show he can return punts and kickoff as well. Parker and Durant are a shoo-in for Canadian spot and duking it out for starting WR position.
OL: Stamps might employ at least 2 import OLinemen this season and Ucambre Williams might have an edge for one because of his versatility. He'll play C today and he played on both guard and tackle position last season. Him and Wilson might be a good asset the way our OL gets injured a lot.
DL: I think the import DE and DT spots are good already with Hughes, Law and Davis for DE. Johnson and Hall as DT. It is going to be tough for an import DL to unseat these 5. With Turner still out on injury and Quinn Smith moving to an OL position, Randy Colling and Wiggan will easily take their spot.
LB: I think there are at least a couple of import position spot to open the season. Love is gone to Saskatchewan and Mayo might not be ready to start the season.
DB: lots of competitions on both import and Canadian spots. Wall is still out and might not be ready for the season opener. Berger left so there is an open position for his replacement. I like Marvin Ross so far and Canadian Tunde Adeleke.

I think if a newcomers will make it, they'll be playing mostly on special teams.
QB - Don't see them going away from Buckley just yet. One spot open b/w Gale and Stanizi. If they like them enough, might keep the 4th guy on PR.

RB - Both Green and Williams have been really good in training camp and both played well against BC. Right now both should make the team. Might bump of an import receiver to keep them both. Need Messam replacement to start training this year and it could be one of these two.

National Rec - Kohlert is likely getting, had a case of dropsies. They usually carry 8 receivers on the active roster. 4 imports, 4 Canadians. 3 Canadians are a lock in Parker, Durant, Brescacin; 4th is likely one of the guys drafted in Lynch or Sandidni. I'm not sure their school eligibility so one of them might go back to school and the other making the team.

Import Rec - Marquay, Daniels and Jorden are a lock. Begelton looked good but he's gone for awhile. Nixon dropped couple so he needs to step up this game. Boykin is another returnee that has an inside track but needs to produce. Cruz has had a good showing so far. This is where dual threat Terry Williams can steal a roster or PR spot from one of these guys. Battle is between Michel, Cruz, Nixon, Boykins for that 4th WR. 1-2 likely end up on the PR.

OL - Injuries, UFA, retirements have hurt this group so likely will see 4 import OL on the final. It doesn't look good for Randy Richards to not be playing a tuneup game with the rest of the 1st group offence. Lavertu is injured again so none of the Canadian OL should worry about their spot. If I was to guess right now Williams, Renfrew, McQueen, McClain will make the team and 2 of them will start.

DL - Hardest group to crack. Hughes, Law, Hall, Micah, Davis are all quality Americans. Ibeh and Vaughters impressed against BC. Jeff Rose and Mike Luc have also looked good. Then there's a bunch of Canadians in Wiggans, Cooling, Kashak, Gagnon and Klassen. I don't think any of the returnees will lose their jobs but couple good ones will be cut. No idea who.

LB - Singelton and Mayo are starting. SAM is a battle b/w Odiase/Richardson/Bush. Bush is 33 with lotsa NFL experience but he can't possibly have many years left in the tank. The other two are young and were with the team all last year and have gotten rave reviews last 2 weeks. Thurman looked exceptional against BC, hes making the team. Maleki Harris is making the team. Beau Landry, Riley Jones and Dexter Jenke are all Canadians, likely backing up Singelton and playing the teams.

S - Bell is starting with Rwabakamba backing him up. They didn't even bring in competition for him.

HB - Looks like Evans is moving from the corner to halfback. Smith and Wall the tandem last year. Looks like Wall is hurt and therefor Evans and Smith will start the season there till Wall comes back. Ross brothers (not actual brothers) were both good against BC and should win backup spots here.

CB - Tommie Campbell will be the starter. Evans will likely move out there when Wall comes back. For now Burnett is trying to win a spot here. Levels played well against BC.

Secondary as whole - They'll keep 10 or so guys; Campbell, Evans, Smith, Wall, Ross, Ross, Bell, Levels, Rwabakamba, Thibault, Laurensse.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote