View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 11:02 AM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default The coaching thread

I don't know if anyone is interested in this, but I thought I would put this out there.

I know that there are quite a few members on this board that are coaches in multiple sports and multiple age groups.

I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we can talk about coaching, ask questions, exchange ideas, maybe in terms of things like coaching strategies and around drills and conditioning (because for the most part those things are fairly common).

I also thought it might be good to talk about certifications or things that we picked up from training.

I think we can also do things like talk about our coaching stories good and bad.

As well if there are people that want to get into coaching and have questions about it, we can help guide them. If maybe there are guys here looking for coaching help with their team and there are experienced coaches looking for a position, this could be helpful as well.

I mean I think that most of you know my story. But I'll put it here as a starter.

I've been coaching football for 12 years on and off. I got into it in the late 90's when I was asked to help coach defensive line at Forest Lawn for the Senior team. In my second year there I was moved to Defensive Coordinator and stayed for 2 1/2 more years.

I got back into coaching when I was asked to help Coach the Calgary Rage, in 2011. The Rage are a woman's tackle football team. I started with a similar story I was asked to come and help out and I coached the defensive line and linebackers. I then became their defensive coordinator for 3 years.

After that I got an opportunity to move onto the Calgary Bantam Cowboys Gray. they needed help with their offensive line and I stepped in. Last year they asked me to be their Offensive Coordinator. I'm now heading into my second season with the team and the tryout camp starts in a couple of weeks.

Anyways, I hope this thread has some activity.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: