View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 10:23 AM   #20
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Interesting I see a few Dad's talking about going home from the hospital, I don't believe my wife is giving me that option lol.. I was under the impression that I would be sleeping there with her on the floor.
Seriously, my advice is don't do that to yourself! I "slept" one night while my with was in labour with our first on a hard chair and leaned over on the moving food table thing. To describe that as sleep is a disservice! I did that because she was in labour and obviously I didn't want to leave her and come back having missed everything. But once the baby is born, my advice is go get some rest and seriously men need to take care of themselves as well. I don't for a second mean that women don't have to take care of themselves through this (clearly they have more to go through and more pressures!) But there is no need to be a hero sleeping in a hard chair or on the floor just to stay by their side.

I would say that a lot of it feels a bit surreal and it really hit home for me when it was time to head home. Like you pack up the baby and stuff and it's like "OK, this is it. This human is coming home and staying with me now."
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote