View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 04:14 PM   #13
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
He has 24 tournaments on his record from last year so I think that is a slight miscalculation. Everyone has bumps and bruises and has to pull out of matches...Vasek's biggest issue is his erratic ground strokes leading to him consistently hitting the ball long, which is symptomatic of a player that is typically over matched and trying to throttle the ball. He really has just not been a good player for the last 12-15 months.

I do like the guy but I highly doubt he ever gets back into the top 50 as a single player. Top 75 maybe. I'd like to see his team focus on more smallish, winnable events this year in the hopes he boosts his confidence. Perhaps switching to a serve and volley style of play to maximize his above average net play would be a good move as well. Right now is just a world of hurt as he pretty much has to qualify for every tournament he plays.
Yeah, last year was a fairly healthy year for Vasek, I guess I was thinking more of previous years when he was battling back issues. To think it was Milos versus Vasek in the 2013 Rogers Cup semi-final and it was starting to look like both guys were going to continue to rise up the singles rankings. Milos certainly hasn't disappointed, but it's been a tough go for Vasek in singles (he does have that Wimbledon doubles grand slam championship though).
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote