View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #5
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

A Rugby thread, Huzzah!

Locke, I don't have team suggestions, rather I have competition suggestions.

I am a big fan of the ITM Cup. It runs, IIRC, August-November, in New Zealand. It is the evolved old Provincial Competition. It is the Currie Cup and NRC of NZ. In short, it is a step below Super Rugby. The thing that makes ITM rugby good, is these guys are all playing for a contract on the Super teams. They are much more inclined to "have a go" than take the safe option. Party Elephant, most likely has an opinion, but for me this is where the most exciting rugby is being played (anywhere actually). In most ITM games, when presented with a safe & adventurous option, the player will most likely take the adventurous option to show their skills.

I don't have a favorite team per se, usually I just cheer for hard running rugby.

In the North I am not a fan of the Premiership. It really is too much bosh, it is very akin to League IMO. I do enjoy the Top 14 (France) which has plenty of Bosh and skill.

If you want a team to cheer for up North with Canadian connection, try the Scarlets out of Wales. They play in the Pro 12 and have Daniel Tailliferrer Hauman van der Merwe, aka DTH. He is a Canadian National 15 player and is a true excitement machine.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote