View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 03:54 PM   #129
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubFlames View Post
I know I am late but that was a pathetic performance by India. Over confidence killed them in the Test.
It was even more pathetic when you consider the match was played on a cracked dusty "eighth day" wicket that should have given India an advantage. It looks like the curators at Bangalore are pulling out all the stops to make sure this doesn't happen again:

India take metal objects to Bangalore pitch for second Test after Pune minefield blew up in their faces

Quote:
Australia is bracing for a war of attrition in Bangalore after paranoid curators used a metal object, hessian bags, hoses and a mystery substance to try to take Mitchell Starc and Steve O’Keefe out of the second Test.

Embarrassed after the debacle in Pune, the BCCI appear hell bent on using any means necessary to manufacture conditions that will set up a brutal five-day battle in the hope it will favour the innate skills and home ground knowledge of the embattled Indians.

In contrast to the crumbly, dust bowl that disintegrated on the spot and played into Australia’s hands in the first Test, the Bangalore centre square looked more like a green monster, but not one that will offer bounce and carry. Instead, it’s a surface purposefully designed to try to silence reverse swing masters Starc and Josh Hazlewood.
I know home field advantage is a thing and the Australian crickets grounds are made purposefully hard and fast to help their bowlers, but the Indian doctoring of the pitches is completely ridiculous and OTT.