View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 03:57 AM   #30
craigwd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I'm actually a little embarrassed that I didn't know OCD lead to those types of serious feelings/thoughts. I thought it was just random compulsions like an organized room or germ phobia.

I hate disorganized spaces and clutter, but I will never lightheartedly talk about "my OCD" again. I just have a preference for neat and tidy.
My brother has severe OCD so I'm very glad to hear promises like this. I've learned so much about the disease and am so encouraged when others speak about how they manage it with the support of others. I too never make light of things like this, nor do I call people "crazy".

This is why mental health awareness is such an important issue and why we must be supportive and open to understanding those who have a mental illness.

He was abusive and angry for a while but I learned it was all a symptom of the disease. For over a year I was dreading the phone call saying that he took his own life. Thankfully it never came and in time and with therapy he is able to manage his illness.
craigwd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craigwd For This Useful Post: