View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 09:37 PM   #16
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Be very careful about the blank keys you buy on eBay. I bought a Murano from auction that only had one key and refused to pay the screw job Nissan prices for a new key so I bought 2 on eBay for $10 each - I was then going to take the blanks to Nissan and have them cut and programmed for far less.

When I took the keys in to get cut, they noted right away that they weren't official Nissan keys and couldn't guarantee that they would work. The problem was I had to pay to have the keys cut and programmed to know if they would work or not. I got a call later in the day and they said everything worked fine...but that story sadly changed when I went to pick it up. When I picked it up, they said they keys wouldn't hold a program and no longer worked...SWEEET! So, I totally wasted $80 at Nissan to find out these cheap imitation keys didn't work. I got a partial refund from the seller, but still ended up paying for nothing.

If it were me, I'd suck it up and pay the dealer and have a guarantee that your key will work.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote