View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 12:59 PM   #95
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
It's not so much that he didn't play well that worries me. Most players endure streaks. What worries me is his reaction. The failure to adapt. The frustration. Yapping at refs. Slamming the door to the bench.

Teams have adjusted to Gaudreau, now he has to adjust. Not pout or throw tantrums. Adjust.

And we all laughed off his bad diet and lack of commitment to training. He's so talented, he doesn't need to do that stuff. Wrong. He needs to get fitter, faster, and stronger.
I agree with what you are saying but putting things into perspective he still led the team in scoring despite having what we all can agree on as a disappointing season. To me a 61 season in this day and age is still a very good low bar and with more commitment to diet and training I feel the sky's the limit. That said he seemed pretty unhappy an awful lot this season and I wonder if a trade request is quietly tabled in the offseason. Just seems to me at least like a kid who's heart is out east. I would tread very carefully here as he's still the team's best forward and most marketable player but I wouldn't be opposed to trading him if the right deal (not Taylor Hall) came around.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote