View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 08:59 AM   #585
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Yeah I was thinking the same thing although I suppose with a Li-ion battery and any static electricity from his suit could create some low level of electromagnetic field. Would have been better if they could have managed to place a small powered up phone on him to which they could dial but Chuck would have likely felt the weight of it in his pocket.

Great episode from beginning to end and this is from a person that likes Mike time. Outside of the battery issue the only other thing I could gripe about is that I feel Chuck being an elite lawyer would be the last person I would think would break down on the stand like that confessing his disdain for Jimmy in front of everyone.
Those two things bothered me too - a disconnected battery would have no field? Can the New Mexico Benchers allow a stunt like that - planting a device on a witness without his knowledge?

And, Chuck always seemed to be too smart to take Jimmy's bait like that and have the meltdown. I guess it can be understood on the grounds that Chuck is even more mentally ill than we thought. I never thought he was faking his allergy - he believes it is real. His panic attacks are caused by something else, such as stress or depression.

I thought for a minute it was possible that Jimmy brought in Chuck's ex-wife not so much to help with the Bar Hearing, but to re-unite them. Helping others. “He has a way of doing the worst things for reasons that seem almost noble.”

I'm not sure that Chuck's meltdown should cause the New Mexico Bar to excuse Jimmy. He still stole documents, forged documents, broke into Chuck's house, destroyed property. That should get you disbarred no matter if your brother hates you, is crazy, and entrapped you.

McKean is outstanding - I hope he gets recognized. Chuck is one of the most interesting characters in TV history. The opening dinner scene revealed so much about him.

Last edited by troutman; 05-09-2017 at 09:29 AM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post: