View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 03:45 PM   #348
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
I planted 3 columnar Aspen (only about 5-6' tall right now) in my backyard, along my back fence on Saturday. Looking forward to a couple of years from now, when they provide some privacy and a lot of greenery.

I live in house that been around 35 years, on a fairly large lot with lots of potential, but for seem reason, the previous owner never planted much for trees. Other houses nearby have quite a few tall trees. Last year I planted a flowering cherry in the front yard, and with the three aspen I planted on Saturday, now I finally have 6 trees.

I cut a whole bunch of dead branches off of the ash tree in the front yard last year too, it looked so much better after that.
Nice.

I live in a new community and we were the first (and still one of the only houses) in the past 2-3 years since they were all built to plant anything in their backyard. Short trees are cheap so I wanted a head start on getting them growing so we planted ASAP after moving in. We now have columnar aspens that are pushing 20' and a birch that is 15' after only 3 years. I really don't understand why more people don't plant more trees in their yards. Cheap investment for huge payoff in the future.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rohara66 For This Useful Post: