View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #899
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Menace View Post
Wondering what the Heat lines will look like next year? perhaps Pierre or others could comment...have only read reports my guess would be something like the following:
(assume Bouma is with Flames)

Sylvester-Walter-Kolanos
Byron-Street-Nemisz
Howse-Horak-Aliu
Bancks-Reinhart-Eddy
Ferland-Wahl

(Patterson and Cameron in ECHL)
(Elson back to WHL)

Doesn't really seem to be any obvious 4th line/ checking line....will they add more of this type of player? (a la Desbiens / PLL), if so what happens to the rest of the guys??
You're pretty close I'd say.

Unlike the Flames, barring trades, the Heat are going to be very deep at centre.

Reinhart will be a top 2 line centre guaranteed. Ward loves that kid. Right now, Walter, Reinhart, Street, Horak, Wahl, and Byron could all be top 2 centremen with the Heat.

The Heat also have alot of fire power on the wings as well.

I honestly couldn't even begin to guess what the lines would be because besides Eddy, Bancks, Ferland (maybe), Aliu, and Laing (if he comes back), you could slot any of the Heat forwards in the top 6 and have pretty good lines.

I feel bad for Ward because no matter how he draws up his lines, there will be some guys who feel they're getting the short end of the stick.

If we look at it the way Ward usually does his lines, he pairs two players who have great chemistry together. So, paired together would be Howse/Horak, Byron/Sylvester, Walter/Kolanos. Nemisz has chemistry with everyone and anyone you put him with. Don't know about Street or Eddy yet. Bancks will fit in anywhere in the bottom 6. Wahl needs to simply focus on sticking with the Heat nevermind getting playing time. Aliu will be likely a 3rd liner. Ferland will probably start in the bottom 6 looking to put up some points and move up the depth chart.

I'm still a little concerned about the goaltending situation. Signing Taylor to an SPC (like Sylvester) should be priority #1 for Feaster. Especially if Irving makes backup and Karlsson goes back to Europe.

It'll sure be interesting to see what changes are made to the Heat this season because as it stands, they are mighty might deep at the forward position.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote