View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 12:41 PM   #3129
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
Nice of you to quote half my post. If they do a PSL with a fixed escalator on ticket prices, that would be fine with me as well. But to write them a $20k cheque and then hope they decide to be charitable on ticket prices later...

Probably not for me.

If there is a chance of me paying them $20k, and then they raise ticket prices 15% per year, so that even if my PSL is transferrable it would be worthless, I'm not going to sign up for that deal.
I am thinking that this is exactly what a PSL will look like. It isn't about providing a tangible benefit to loyal season ticket holders. It is about the owners receiving a tangible benefit in the way of an interest free loan (and also tie the hands of season ticket holders to some extent). I believe it has worked for some NFL owners, it might work for the Golden State Warriors, but I don't think it can work here.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.