View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 04:45 PM   #10
snootchiebootchies
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My wife and I watched Wonder Woman over the weekend and enjoyed it. My wife has similar movie tastes as a 13 year old boy so I go to these superhero movies in the summer with her and in return, she accompanies me to more artsy and/or foreign and/or prestige pictures in the fall/winter. Wonder Woman was all very familiar -- the fish-out-of-water story, the WWII angle, the motley crew of misfits who join the mission -- and I never felt Wonder Woman was in any sort of peril at any point, so there is a real lack of tension in this film. I think I enjoyed it mostly because Gal Gadot (Chris Pine for my wife) was nice to look at for 2+ hours.

A couple of other things I liked -- the overlapping dialogue in crowd scenes, more judicial use of the movie score (compared to other superhero movies) to elicit emotion, the scene near the end where it doubles back to an earlier scene when Wonder Woman temporarily loses her hearing because of an explosion. Speaking of explosions, there were lots of them, so many to the point of distraction.
snootchiebootchies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snootchiebootchies For This Useful Post: