Old 11-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:
Thumbs up Markus Granlund

Think the guy deserves his own thread:

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=690886

Quote:
After an injury held Granlund out of the lineup for a handful of games to start the season, he's put up eight points in his first 12 professional games, including six in his last seven. In case that's not impressive enough for the young pro, he's collected two shootout markers, both of which were game winners and leads the American league in that category.

"He's extremely gifted offensively," said Knight. "He can make a lot of plays out of nothing. He kind of has that knack around the net, so he's a pretty special player offensively. He's fun to watch out there."
However impressive Granlund has looked so far, head coach Troy G. Ward still thinks there's more to his abilities - it's just a matter of getting him the ice time.

"I need to find him more ice to be quite honest with you. I've got to find him more ice. He's a really good player. He has a great feel for the game offensively. He's learning the game defensively after coming over from Europe. He's learning to play on a smaller rink. There's not as much time and space out there, but he has a great great feel for the game. He has a feel for his teammates. He's more competitive than people realize.

"So I'm the one that's the issue there. I think he's playing well. I think he can play better, but that's on me. I've got to put him with the right people and I've got to find him more ice time. But I'm really proud of him."
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post: