View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Kipperriffic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
Please change the title of the thread to capitalize the first letters of Chartered Accountants.

There are quite a few of us CAs on here. I'm guessing most of our work experience was different when we applied. For myself, I worked as a sous chef before going into business. During undergrad I worked as a server/bartender and I did a co-op position at a Big 4. In my new hire group I was with two people who lived at home and never had a job before in their lives.

Your GPA isn't the most important thing, but it is important. I would guess if you had a B average you are fine. I had a 3.91 out of 4.00. Each firm is a little different. Some put more emphasis on grades, others on work experience, some in sports participation. I saw one guy who was hired because he was a hockey goalie and they needed someone.

When applying, remember that there are hundreds of other people just like you applying. They are looking for things to toss your resume out of the file. Although they sound simple, spell check your resume, don't exaggerate, put the correct firm name on each one you send out, keep your resume to one page and for the love of God stop saying you are a people person and you are crazy passionate about becoming a CA.

Is this a serious reply?? What firm did you go into ?

Last edited by Kipperriffic; 03-20-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Kipperriffic is offline   Reply With Quote