View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #17
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
I' have pondered all of those things and still haven't done any of them.

The day I handed them the final check, I thought I would get a nice certificate or something. The guy at the bank just said 'thats it', nothing in the mail, just thats it.

Also thought this wonderful feeling of a huge load off my shoulders would come. No.

Rec property seems like a collosal crappy investment, unless you are renting it out. One of those good ideas but when you look into it, not really good.

One thing to do is right away have that mortgage amount deducted from your paycheck and put some in some sort of account.

You could put it in mutual funds, boring and has the added bonus of making you less money than putting it under your bed.
It seems like on one hand, it will be nice, but I also get this doomed feeling that house prices will take a dive once interest rates go back up or if Alberta becomes a have-not province.

My fear is probably irrational, but that is partly my desire to move to a more desireable neighbourhood where house prices might weather poor economic times a bit better and be easier to sell if things got really tough. I am only hypothesizing, but I think it would be easier to sell a house in the inner city than in the NW suburbs.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote