View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 08:31 AM   #5277
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
This is exactly what I thought fifteen or twenty years ago when I argued with religious people about gay marriage. "If we can just make this opinion publicly unacceptable to hold, the homophobes will all just keep it to themselves and slowly die off." I suspect others had similar thoughts about holocaust denial and neo-nazism, especially in mainland Europe... It doesn't actually work that way.
Those religious people, would be say my grandparents, not acceptable to gays because of jesus.
Next generation (my parents), more acceptable to gays, less acceptable to religion.
Me and wife, completely acceptable to gays, completely unacceptable to discrimination and bias towards other because of people believing in fairy tales, and thinking they should affect others lives.
My kid, part of group at school ( I think lgbt alliance) at high school, that would help gays be a part of main stream life in school. Way too rational, logical, civilized etc. to believe fairy tales are real, and should have any affect on others lives.

There you go, it does work that way, and even though it takes time to propagate.

Last edited by DuffMan; 06-19-2017 at 10:23 AM.