View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 10:08 AM   #6340
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I would expect though that he wants a cash in deal. 4 to 5 years at 4.5 million.

Russell is pretty smart, he's coming off of a good season and he was one of their better defenders in the second round. He's gonna want to cash in Son.

With the Oilers at 60 million right now, if Draisatil gets 7.5 and Russell gets 4.5 that puts them at $72 million, Zach Kassian will probably want a good deal coming off of his show me deal so I would expect that he's going to ask for 2.8 ish. So thatts almost 75 million.

They might have to make the choice of trying to dump some salary now if they want to keep a guy like Russell.
What are you talking about man? Edmonton has a new arena, they're a perennial Cup Contending Team and they have McDavid!

Russell would play there for free! Just for the honour of being an Oiler!

Draisaitl will take League Minimum to stay in a deal like that! If he takes any more he'll have to give it to McDavid.

Same with Connor (we're on a first-name basis)! He'll take League Minimum just to stay basking in the Glory of Edmonton! Anything he needs, Edmonton shall provide! No need for pesky minutia like 'money' when you have the Love of Edmonton and all the Cups they're surely going to win!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg