View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 03:20 PM   #59
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Oh boy another chance for Intelcom to try and deliver to my office that has already been closed for 3 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
I wish that there was a way to specify things like that to Amazon. For office orders, I'd rather have it during business hours in 2-3 days than "by 9pm" tomorrow.

For home orders, however, this is just awesome.
I had to order something for work today, so I figured I'd live chat with Amazon to see what they recommend for office deliveries when the place is closed on evenings and weekends.

Sure, I could just select "two day delivery" and have it on Monday, but the whole "until 8pm" thing also wouldn't work, nor would a "signature not required" drop.

Much to my surprise, the agent on live chat said that they can add a hidden preference to my account that marks a certain address as a business, and inform the carrier not to deliver on weekends and evenings. They assured me that it was address specific, so my home deliveries could still benefit from evenings, weekends, and signature not required deliveries.

Sure enough, just prior to checking out, I toggled between my home and work address. It would remove the one-day delivery option from my work address, but retain it for my house. I can only assume that the carrier will also know (through some sort of note, code, etc.) not to try at 7:45pm.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote