View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 04:28 PM   #89
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I couldn't agree more. The problem is that the Alberta Party as a whole is so unwelcoming, if that makes sense. Policies aside, the PCs and Wildrose are always happy to welcome you into the fold, invite you to events or whatever. For some reason, and I don't know why, the Alberta Party seems to have an attitude of smugness despite never having actually won anything. It's really off putting. I was signed up and heading to their event today, but just watching some of the comments on Twitter has me likely skipping it.
Like I said, those characteristics or impressions (no matter how accurate) need to be put aside and put in the context of the bigger picture. Every party and its supporters have flaws. For example, virtually all Alberta Liberals I know are hopelessly stubborn and seem to haven gotten numb to the feeling of losing (like the warmth before dying of hypothermia). Just no real will there. Maybe smug-unwelcoming and stubborn-loser can come together to form something positive. I don't hold out much hope, which is why I (a hyper engaged citizen - and many others like me) sit on the sidelines. I think it would take the right broker to come in and smash some heads together.