View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 10:10 AM   #81
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m a Commercial Real Estate Broker at a global firm and I love it.

The high pressure sales environment is where I thrive and the thrill of closing a deal is very satisfying. I also like the freedom and flexibility it offers. I’m 100% commission and can basically set my own hours. I still work 8 – 10 hours a day but am only in the office for half of that. I spend a lot of time driving to meetings, conducting tours, and prospecting for new business. I don’t have a boss to kiss up to and I eat what I kill. Every day I wake up in control of my destiny and if I work harder than the guy next to me I’ll make more income even if he is more senior.

There is a downside of course. It’s an extremely competitive industry and if you don’t produce you don’t just make a base salary you make nothing. You are also at the mercy of the market, which is currently in the tank so there not a lot of business to go around. Cold calling can suck when people are jerks, and trying to grow your business is always a dog fight. Still the potential for large income is very real and the thrill of a closing a big deal is worth all the stress and struggle.
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J pold For This Useful Post: