View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #16
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I drive a small chunk of that hiway all of the time going to play golf in Gibbons. it's exactly where the bus got hit a few years ago killing about 8 or so workers from Fort Mac. You can see the memorial of crosses and helmuts if you look for a ball in the trees on one hole beside the hiway.

Last year during our club championship there was a head on between a Jeep GC and a pickup, once again right beside the golf course. I could feel the impact and the sound of the collision is something you don't forget too soon, especially on a nice sunny calm Sunday afternoon. The guy in the Jeep died and I think there was couple in the pickup that lived but one was pretty banged up.

As far as that stretch of road goes, you will get old rural people driving 90 or less and the speed limit is 100, and then it is solid cars coming towards you. It is butal on the nerves. Then you'll definitely get the huge pickups with the bull balls and 4 or 5 hung over 20 somethings trying to get to Fort Mac as quick as possible. Really dangerous road with lots of Aholes passing when they shouldn't be, and old people driving when they sholdn't be.