View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 09:24 AM   #482
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I watched it about 4 more times recently. It's so good.

Tarkin was robotic and emotionless in real life, so the CGI is not bad at all. I'd almost argue CGI Tarkin is better than real Tarkin, LoL.

I think the movie did a great job of showing how the struggle against the Empire is fought by a great many people who believe in freedom. Lack of character development is almost a feature of the movie because it highlights how everyday Joes are sacrificing themselves for the Cause. It's not just Skywalkers vs the Emperor.

I think it's better than TFA, but once Episode VIII comes out, it might tie off the loose ends of TFA and TFA becomes the better movie. It's exciting times.
I liked it because of the display of the overwhelming strength and resolve of the Empire itself. Lets be honest, the rebels really did get their butts completely kicked in that final battle. they got the plans but at a high price in terms of ships, and in terms of losing a command ship and their senior field leader.

The Empire was also willing to vaporize a massive and important base to kill the rebels, they also nuked a whole city full of civilians as a test.

As far as victory's go, it was a blood one, and if there was a sequel we'd probably see a rebellion that was on the verge of disintegrating.

I mean, sure the plans got out but the actual end result which was the death star was more due to incredible luck of the force then due to a weak empire. And in the end that battle again cost the Rebels probably most of their front line fighter forces, and a strategic base.

I also liked that it was pretty clear that Krennic, and Vader and Tarkin all talked a big game in terms of bringing peace and order to the galaxy, their actual real goal was trying to gain favor with the Emperor which was his real power.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote