View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 09:01 AM   #28
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaFan View Post
Sorry, can someone explain why the Alliance wanted to kill Galen Erso so badly? The weapon was complete, his role in its construction was done. If anything he would be a key person to extract, with complete information on its design. He was clearly worth more to the rebels alive than dead, he had shown signs of being sympathetic to their cause, and they had emotional leverage on him since they had his daughter.
The Rebels had no idea the weapon was complete. All they knew was that he was critical to it's development, and they didn't even know what "it" was. Also, Mon Mothma's marching orders weren't to kill him - it was to extract him, the other general was the one who gave the kill on sight order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Isn't the whole plot of this one a bit ridiculous anyways? Why didn't he just tell them what the flaw was in his message?

"I've put a tiny little flaw in the system that no one will find -- I won't tell you though, but if you take a look at the plans that are held on this highly secure planet, you should be able to find it."

Or have sent the schematic out with the pilot himself. Or something. Why do half the job and leave the rest to a near-certain suicide mission when you had literally all the information they would need? I was also amused that in this highly futuristic society, they keep all their information on CDs in a giant tower, with a manual retrieval system.

Sorry, I'm nitpicking, it was an entertaining movie. The final battle was excellent and the Death Star quarter power blasts were really well done.

The "wanted in 12 systems" guy and his butt face buddy must've been on their way to a transport out of town.
If he had blurted out the Death Star's weakness, he would have been risking it's discovery. Krennic was specifically back on Scarif to view any transmissions, which had he been able to, he would have found the weakness thanks to it being in a message. Their information was clearly being stored on some sort of physical media (looked like it could have been a good ol' spinning disc solution), not "CDs". Also, this fits perfectly with the humble/crappy sci fi setting of the original trilogy.

...complaints, invalid. They're addressed within the film itself.

Last edited by ComixZone; 12-16-2016 at 09:03 AM.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post: