View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 02:07 AM   #20
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelBridgeman View Post
Fair enough, i guess a game at the dome wouldnt be the same without those nachos..
either way if no one pays for the food, they will have to lower prices

Yeah but like Jiri said, people go there for an afternoon or evening of drinking a few pops and eating a hot dog or natchos. The theory of "no one pay for food, and they'll have to reduce prices" won't work there.

If the Flames had ridiculous prices, like say $15 for a beer, or $20 for natchos, the fans would stop buying them. But the Flames would still have a sellout every night, then they would readjust their food and beverage prices and they'd be good to go.

The Vipers on the other hand, have a small fan base, and the ones that do go just want to casually watch a ball game with some beer and hot dogs. You piss them off by overpricing the items that are half the reason fans are there in the first place, and most of those fans aren't going to say "oh well, I'll keep going to games, but I won't buy food and drinks until they bring prices down". They're going to say "bah, let's not go to the Vipers game, it's nice out and I want to drink, and their beer prices are ridiculous for minor league ball, let's just go to the pub instead".
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote