View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 08:12 PM   #504
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
What a mess. It does not look good on the Kings trying to ditch a player with a bad contract over pain killers he may have become addicted to after sacrificing his body for the team.

I am very interested to follow how this plays out. Definitely hoping Richards wins the appeal and LA has to wait another year for a buy out.
I know this is going to sound intensitive, but I hate this, "for the team" crap I keep hearing with this type of stuff. The impacts of these types of drugs are well know to everyone in this day and age, including the players. And they don't just do it for the team, they do it for themselves because they like earning millions of dollars a year and love being star athletes and living the life they lead. This whole doing it for the team or have to earn a living thing is so not applicable at the NHL level. No one has to be in the NHL to "survive" or provide for their families, even at league minimum. Lots of other things people can do to survive, just not ones that let live the lifestyles of the rich and famous.

When do these players who have fought for revenue sharing, a say in the way the game has been run start to have to take responsibility for themselves versus people always expecting the teams or the leagues to holds these multimillion dollar athletes hands like they are in kindergarten?
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cleveland Steam Whistle For This Useful Post: