View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #55
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustache ride View Post
Messier is head and shoulders above everyone in tier 2. Honestly, he had a better career than both Mario and Orr and deserves to be ranked higher. That makes me feel gross inside.
Higher than Orr and Lemieux? No, just no. Messier was pretty much ineffective for the last decade of his career, and was pretty much a negative player during his time in Vancouver. He had a couple great seasons in Edmonton and New York, but for most of his cups he was more of a supporting player. Gretzky, Kurri, and Coffey played bigger roles, and even guys like Anderson and Tikkanen played bigger roles on some of the Oilers Cup winning teams (during the playoffs).

You could argue he's still a top ten player, but not ahead of Orr, Lemieux, or Howe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ven27 View Post
Both Sakic and Yzerman should be in tier 2, scratch St.Louis from 3rd tier too.
I wouldn't put Lindros in that tier either, even though he was the most dominant player player in the league for a few years. Zero cups, and only one Hart put him one ranking below that imo. Iginla should make that tier, but still lower than Sakic, Fedorov, Yzerman, and Pronger. I'd rank him right around Forsberg.

Last edited by trackercowe; 05-18-2013 at 04:47 PM.
trackercowe is online now   Reply With Quote