View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 01:08 AM   #387
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
Not big enough for all the people they have. Ward is definitely put in a weird position that may or may not be in conflict with what they Flames want.

His dilemma is basically either a) make the playoffs and have a nice long playoff run at all costs, or b) play the young, prospects. It is possible to do both and ideally that would be awesome. I expect Reinhart and Leach to practice with the coaches and learn Ward's systems before they draw into the lineup (similar to what Elson has been doing). I just can't see Ward taking out Wilson, Connelly, Breen, Piskula, Carson, or Testwuide to put Leach in. The spares are likely going to be Leach and Lamb (Tuzzolino will probably be sent back to Alaska).

It's a similar situation with Reinhart and Elson. I can't see them getting in when you've got lines that are clicking VERY well right now in Sylvester/Byron/Kolanos, Jessiman/Walter/Rheault, and Horak/Laing/Nemisz. In addition there's an ever-changing 4th line whose only staples are Aliu and Desbiens. The other rotating 4th liners are Eddy, PL3, Bancks, and Ivanans. Plus, you've got Estoclet sitting and Howse who is now injured. To put it quite literally, Ward setting lineups each afternoon is going to be one hell of a cluster####.

The only thing that is certain right now is the goaltending situation. Irving is the starter and Taylor is the backup.

I don't think Ward was angry, but I would imagine it's a bit overwhelming having all these players on the roster that could fill in fairly well.

I'm very excited for the Heat right now because players are getting healthy and we've got all of the players that are supposed to be on the Heat back. The team is starting to look quite deep - maybe even deeper than at the beginning of the season.
Pinder indicated on Twitter that the Heat were eagerly anticipating Reinhart coming in. I'd imagine he slots in somewhere on the fourth line to start out, and then as circumstances dictate.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Freeway For This Useful Post: