View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 11:05 AM   #25
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
Overall we’re both compatible and very similar in our tastes. The one big difference isn’t in food selection but rather how we prepare meals. My wife is very structured and follows recipes to a T with exact measurements.

I wing most of my meals and I’d say 95% of the time it works out very well. I smoked a couple tri tip roasts a few weeks ago and then plopped them into a slow cooker with a few other ingredients and made birria tacos. That wouldn’t be something my wife would try just because of how non structured it was. With that said she’s a pretty good cook, she has like 10 dishes that are fantastic and outside of those she’s capable of cooking most things.
Same for me, I am not a structured person at the best of times so I wind up winging it even if I have a clear vision. My girlfriend needs to follow a recipe.

Our biggest challenge is eating styles. I came from a family that only sat down to eat once a week if that. You would kind of make food for yourself on the fly or eat what was prepared when you had time. My girlfriend wants to sit with everything ready and take her time. I've learned to just sit and watch her eat when she is done even if I am ready to move onto the next thing.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote