View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 09:21 PM   #1164
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Hmm, kind of one of those in between jobs. I'd probably rent a real sprayer from home depot if they have them. Those cans don't go too far. Actually I don't know. The cans might do the trick. They have different kinds though. Ask a Home Depot guy if they would work for the size of your job and what kind to get. The window and door kind doesn't expand much. The other kind does expand a lot.
Large gap spray foam cans are really only good for an inch or two of space. It will also not grab well on the bottom of a horizontal surface.

You could give one of these a try. https://www.lowes.ca/foam-insulation..._g1377661.htmlYou might need two. I used these a few times at my home with mixed results. One did a lot more area/thickness than the others and one was really runny. Timing, temperature, shake and pressure on the nozzle seemed to make big differences on the expansion and coverage.

The other option is to fill it with layers of rigid and you could use the large gap cans around the edges of the rigid.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post: