View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:
Flames Nieuwendyk - Forever a Flame - March 7th Ceremony

Calgary Flames @NHLFlames
Joe Nieuwendyk will be inducted into the Forever a Flame program in a pre-game ceremony on March 7th! ~ cflam.es/1ba88XA

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=704258

Quote:
The Calgary Flames will be honouring Joe Nieuwendyk for the contributions he has made to the organization as a player and a person on Friday, March 7th when a Forever a Flame banner for Nieuwendyk will be hoisted and remain on permanent display at the Scotiabank Saddledome.

“Joe was a very special member of the Flames family with his amazing on ice achievements and the dignity and class he exhibited every day,” said Calgary Flames President & CEO Ken King.

Nieuwendyk joins former teammates Lanny McDonald, Mike Vernon and Al MacInnis when he receives his Forever a Flame honour during a ceremony to take place prior to the Flames versus the New York Islanders game at the Scotiabank Saddledome. Nieuwendyk will be accompanied by his family and members of the Flames alumni in a pre-game ceremony.

“I am truly honoured to receive this recognition and join with my former teammates and friends as well as all Flames fans, to celebrate the outstanding history and traditions established by the Flames organization,” said Nieuwendyk. “I spent nine memorable seasons with Calgary and I am extremely proud as a member of the Flames family to have my name and number recognized by the organization.”
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post: