View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #84
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncton golden flames View Post
as a guerilla gardener myself, i avoid areas where this type of conflict seems inevitable. i don't do vacant inner city lots or anything like that. i go out of my way to find a place where virtually nobody will see or notice it.

i give full marks for trying to make a difference, but she was way too 'out there' about it. if i were to use that same lot, there would be no tires or anything. i would have just planted my stuff and left it alone until time to harvest.

as for john mar, his little man syndrome seems to be impairing his judgement on what is the best way to use our city resources. his comments towards the use of community gardens is out to lunch. if he had any knowledge of the demand for, and lack of, community garden space, he might have a better handle on the issue that lead to this type of guerilla gardener.

That's the other thing that gets me about this stunt, they claim they wanted to be "low key and fly under the radar" while their actions indicate the exact opposite. Bright paint, a big banner, random claims about the food bank. Heck she probably could have left the tires unpainted, banked em up next to the fence and gone unnoticed for weeks.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote