View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 04:39 PM   #2493
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Luc Besson was responsible for directing, screenwriting, and producing "Lucy", which made over $400 million on a $40 million budget. The studios are obviously giving him a lot of rope as a result.

I agree the potential for this to be another Jupiter Ascending is pretty big. I'd say that Cloud Atlas was it's own pretentious kettle of fish though. Jupiter Ascending was also kind of weird and bad. Good word of mouth could save this film.

The Fifth Element did triple it's budget and make about $270 million, which is probably closer to $400 million in today's dollars. Another thing to consider is that the European audience is likely to be bigger here, due to the Besson's previous successes in the EU.
Cloud Atlas was a strange cat of a film, Jupiter Ascending was genuinely terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
I was wondering if anyone else heard that because all I was thinking while watching the trailer was "is that coolio?"
I was thinking the exact same thing except: I thought Coolio was dead.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote