View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 04:57 PM   #1306
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Maybe because I'm getting older and I'm doing that whole nostalgia thing that us old people go through, but I'm kind of going back through my musical selections from the 80's and adding them to my play lists

So just some samples.

Sass Jordan, I've always loved her voice with a certain, bluey smokey sound to it and a lot of power. She also sounded the same whether in concert or live. Also possessed one of the greatest smiles that I've ever seen. Trivia, after Sammy Hagar left Van Halen they considered having her as the bands lead singer. (BTW I picked this video because beyond the fact that it rocks, Jeff Healey is playing in it and has an awesome solo)

Toronto. Holly Woods had this really unique voice, and I can honestly say that she was one of my first rock and roll crushes. This band was tremendously talented and had a lot in common with Heart. They had a string of really good songs in "Start telling the truth", "When can I see you again" and "your daddy don't know". Unfortunately they were forced apart when their label went bankrupt. Trivia They recorded the song "What about Love" but the band nearly fractured when it wasn't put onto an album. Heart later picked it up and it became one of their better known hits in their 80's comeback.

Triumph, one of my favorite Canadian power bands, and one that I don't think gets enough credit for how good they were both live and in the studio. Rik Emmett needs to get more mention when it comes to great guitar players and talents. I remember seeing them play a few times and my jaw always dropped, especially when they played Rock and Roll Machine and you got like a 10 minute guitar solo. Trivia Rik Emmett between touring is a associate professor at Humber College in Toronto.

BTW I just found this clip and wanted to post it

That's all for now, because I don't want to bore you all with this grandpa talk.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: