View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #57
return to the red
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I think you are looking at the earth wrong. All living systems will use all resources they can to reproduce until they reach equilibrium that there birth and death rate equal out or they go extinct. We are just another living system on the Earth abusing it until it kills us.

The fact that we even think about the consequences of our actions puts up a step above everyother living spieces on this earth, plant or animal. The mere fact that you can observe and make the smallest amount of change makes you better then the weeds and other animals. The thing to remember is that we are not special, we are no different from other animals or plants on this earth. Our only purpose is to produce genetic material that is passed on.

So the Earth would not be better off without us, because the earth doesn't have feelings, it just is. Other species might be better off without us but I bet a lot of fish would feel that they would be better off without sharks. And just because other speices would be better off without us doesn't take away our right and dare I say our duty to survive as a species.
deep