View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 02:37 PM   #55
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the Flames exposed someone like Frolik in this process. A free agent signing with 3/5 of his contract done is essentially at the crossroads in his contract (first 60% benefits the Flames more than the last 40%).

Is he washed up? Of course not, but he makes good coin and should do less in years 4 and 5 then he's done in years 1-3.

He likely wouldn't get taken anyway, and the Flames could add their biggest worry between Poirier and Shinkaruk to the list.
I agree with Bingo. The cap savings alone would allow us to fill an actual hole on the roster and add a top six forward. Middle six guys - Frolik, and Brouwer, can be replaced from farm players like Klimchuk and Poirier or Marchessault type bargain bin signings. I firmly believe your cap needs to be concentrated on the top of your roster, where we are VERY thin and young.

I also am starting to think it would be a good smoke screen to allow Kulak to be firmly in our top four D next year.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Last edited by GranteedEV; 11-08-2016 at 02:42 PM.
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote