View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 03:50 PM   #49
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wouldn't think that Frolik would get passed over in the expansion draft. He is what I call a 'high end utility player' - the type of player that all coaches really love to have on their teams, and that can play in all situations.

Now, his price tag might be a little rich (debatable really), but it is a team starting with zero cap hits, and who probably will need to sign overpriced mid-level vets in the UFA season to hit the cap floor.

I get the argument that maybe the Flames might view the latter half of Frolik's contract as a bit of a negative, but unless his game drops off a cliff I don't see them exposing him.

Flames would have to be very high on Shinkaruk, or Poirier has to return to his 1st year numbers and then some. I think Vegas takes the easy bet and selects Jokipakka. Decent depth defencemen can help a young team quite a lot (as could Frolik). Brouwer I would say they protect, especially after being given an A.

If Frolik wasn't so damn consistent, game in and game out, I would agree he would be a good player to expose.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote