View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #63
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
As soon as I saw the fence was being constructed and I wasn't asked I assumed that he took it upon himself to fund the project. I just asked if he measured the property lines correctly because when an adjacent neighbour didn't do it they had to tear down the fence and rebuild it which, I'm sure, cost them additional money. I just wanted to prevent the same mistake from happening.
Yup, that's mighty neighbourly of you.

Quote:
And to reiterate, had he done this like a normal person would rather than work out all the details of the fence himself and then demand money I would have gladly paid. However, because he didn't consult me, because he didn't ask me I refuse to pay. I'm sure most people here would refuse to pay for something that was forced on them. When I talked to him he did say "You know you can pay if you want, it doesn't matter to me." So I said I won't pay. He gave me an option.
Reading this stuff, it makes me laugh that you don't understand why the guy's a prick to you. Sure, he's probably a bit of a jacka$$, but you sure don't go out of your way to show any tact in the relationship. As far as I'm concerned you deserve every bit of grief you get.

I've met guys like you, but they're usually 60 year old bitter d-bags. I'm so glad I don't have neighbours like you.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to V For This Useful Post: